Environment: Commitment to responsibility.
Salon Efthimia Day Spa has developed a recycling program and offers a discount of 10% off the next retail purchase total for anyone who brings in three empty Aveda products.
Aveda's shampoo and conditioner litre bottles contain a high post-consumer recycled content - 80%. By purchasing litres in place of the equivalent amount in regular sizes, packaging waste is reduced by 40%. Refilling travel sizes is another way to significantly reduce packaging waste.
Aveda looks at their products environmental impact, and takes the appropriate measures into consideration when formulating. Some steps already in progress are:
- Aveda has been phasing out parabens from its existing products and for the past two years.
All new Aveda products have been formulated without parabens.
- Aveda has converted 80% of total tonnage of essential oils purchased to certified organizations.
- Aveda established programs to promote sourcing GMO-free ingredients.
- Aveda is phasing out EDTA and replacing it with naturally-derived alternatives.
- Aveda has converted 20% of their plant based ingredients to organic.
Aveda is one of the world's largest purchasers of organic ingredients in the personal care industry.